Monday, June 26, 2006

Transcript of Kate Moss's OB/GYN Examination

The following is a transcript of an audio recording of a visit made by Kate Moss to her OB/GYN doctor when she was pregnant with Lila Grace, her daughter who was eventually born on September 29, 2002. Kate Moss was about five months pregnant at the time of the office visit. The hand-written notes to the audio transcript reveal that she was alone with a female doctor in an examination room. Kate Moss was lying on the examination table with her legs in stirrups. Based on the transcript, Kate Moss was smoking a cigarette during the examination.

Moss: What are you listening for?

Doctor: The baby's heartbeat.

Moss: You can hear it?

Doctor: Yes.

Moss: Cool.

Doctor: Kate you must stop this?

Moss: What?

Doctor: The smoking. Your baby's heart rate is a good forty percent faster than it should be.

Moss: Just because I am smoking?

Doctor: Yes.

Moss: So I will put it out.

Doctor: You should. My partners are not pleased I let you smoke in the clinic.

Moss: I'll put it out.

Doctor: It is not just the fact that you are smoking at this moment. Your smoking in general significantly affects your baby's development.

Moss: My mother smoked and I am fine.

Doctor: There are studies.

Moss: I don't want to hear about it. I am healthy. Look at me. I am thin. I look good. I get paid to look good. I must be healthy. I am healthy.

Doctor: You smoke a carton of cigarettes a day.

Moss: That’s bullshit. A carton of cigarettes contains 200 cigarettes. The most I have ever smoked in a day is about 120.

Doctor: And usually you smoke what?

Moss: I don’t want to talk about this. Just finish the examination. I have to go.

Doctor: It will affect the baby’s brain development. It will affect the development of the heart and your baby's liver.

Moss: I am a vegetarian. I am a vegetarian. I do my part. So just shut up about it. The baby will grow up just fine.

Doctor: I heard you smoke like five packs a day, Kate.

Moss: Four. I smoke four packs a day. See, I am cutting back.

Doctor: You have any idea what that is doing to you, forget about your baby.

Moss: Shut up. Just shut up.

Doctor: Your baby is overdosing on nicotine.

Moss: Look, get this straight, this is none of your business. My cigarettes are my thing. And I don’t want to talk about it.

Doctor: OK. OK.

Moss: Just finish the examination. And because of this bullshit, I am going to finish this cigarette. And I don't want to hear another fucking thing about my smoking. I am just fine. I am just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment